by Sonya Yoshiki, a volunteer activist against rape, especially in Asian nations.
RINJ Seeks Stronger PenaltiesFor Convicted Rapists
Many judges in North America have decided on their own to radically exceed the ‘guidelines’ for rape penalties when their adjudication of the case motivates them to believe extra time is needed to protect the public or to punish the guilty. More should feel confidant in doing that. It must be considered that,
- most judges do not hand down stiff sentences for rape,
- convictions for rape compared to the estimated number of rapes are too few, and
- the effect of the penalty for rape should be deterrence as well as the usual goals of rehabilitation; criminal punishment; and society protection.
Penalties For Rape Should Hurt
RINJ Campaign Recently Suggested Increased Penalties For Rapists
• Increase penalties for rape and attempted rape across the board;
• Make all rapists and most attempted rapists subject to long indeterminate sentences;
• Use terms ranging from 10 years to life to 30 years to life;
• Use life without parole for forcible rapes of victims under age 13;
• Use a range of 7, 10, or 15 to 25 years for rapes of adult victims, while using a 30 to life term when a sexually violent repeat predator specification is proved;
• Create a new type of review by the sentencing court, available only after the minimum term is served, which would run parallel to the Parole Board’s reviews in the case;
• Recognize current repeat violent offender penalties which can increase the definite term to 20 years;
• Increase penalties for first offence attempted rape to 5 years and an additional 3 years for each subsequent offence.
If you would like to help eliminate pro-rape and
child-molestation content on Facebook…
Please cut and paste everything below between “>> <<” into as many places on Facebook as you can, or anywhere.
>> If you see content on Facebook that seems unsavoury because it contains pro-rape; rape drugs; or child-molestation content, please paste the link to an email subject line and send it to email@example.com. Also report it to Facebook. Thank you. http://facebook.com/rape.is.no.joke <<
- RINJ Campaign Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Rapists
- Hey Facebook! Rape Is No Joke.
- Exposing Asian Child Sex Slavery
- Please Help RINJ On Facebook
- Save the Children of Syria – This Place Away From, Yet Connected To The World